Monday, April 11, 2011

My "Holy Grail" Hair Products!

I love my makeup and fashion, but I fully believe that your hair has to look just as polished and well kept as the rest of you or it's all just a waste. I've died and fried my hair so many times and yet I still have pretty healthy hair, and I believe it's due to my products/routine.

My hair type:
Fine. Thin. Flat / Naturally Straight.
Doesn't hold style well.
(Unless I use my most trusted products.)

For shampoo and conditioner, I bounce back and forth.
I'll buy Biolage Shampoo & Conditioner one month & then when that runs out I'll switch to Infusium 23 for my next cycle. Biolage runs me about $20 a bottle, whereas the Infusium 23 runs me about $6. Both work amazing, and I feel like rotating them helps keep my hair healthy and my bank account healthy!

  


The next thing I typically do is rub in some Alterna Hemp Organics Thickening Compound into my roots. Seeing as how my hair is very thin, fine, & lightweight, I don't have any natural volume. I use this before I blow dry my hair, and love the effect it gives to my hair. I've been looking for a product like this for years and now I can't live without it!


If I'm going to straighten my hair I'll spritz the CHI 44 Iron Guard onto the ends of my hair, just for some protection from my iron. Once I'm done straightening, I'll rub just a bit of the CHI Silk Infusion onto the ends of my hair just to give it a healthy, polished look. (These 2 products I've been using for over 3 years now and am still on my very first bottle of the Silk Infusion, so while it's pricey, it does last a long time!)

  


Now for hair spray, I don't use it on a regular basis, mostly just when I curl my hair, but when I do there's only one hairspray I really like. It's light weight and flexible, it doesn't leave a hard, crunchy feeling or look to my hair. It's pricey, but I can't find any hairspray that really compares, and since I don't use it a ton, it really lasts. It's the TIGI Rockaholic Fun Times Flexible Hairspray!


& that is all I ever buy for hair products, it's all I could possibly need!

I'd definitely like to hear what "holy grail" hair products you all love?!

Much Love,
Heather Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment